- Lower Back
- Forearm Flexors
- Step up close to the bar, so that it is about over the middle of your foot.
- Breathe in, lean forward with as straight legs as possible, and grip the bar.
- Hold your breath, brace your core slightly, and lift the bar.
- Pull the bar close to your body, with a straight back, until you are standing straight.
- Lower the bar back to the ground with control, still keeping your legs straight.
- Take another breath, and repeat for reps.
Stiff-legged deadlifts is a variation of the deadlift, where you almost entirely have shifted the work to your posterior chain. This exercise requires good mobility to be performed without rounding your back excessively, and an alternative is to raise the bar up on blocks, plates or a rack in order to decrease the range of motion slightly.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.