- Set the bar at desired height, for example using using a rack or blocks.
- Step up close to the bar, so that it is about over the middle of your foot.
- Breathe in, lean forward and grip the bar.
- Hold your breath, brace your core slightly, and lift the bar.
- Pull the bar close to your body, with a straight back, until you are standing straight.
- Lower the bar back to the ground with control.
- Take another breath, and repeat for reps.
Rack pull is a variant of the regular deadlift, where you have elevated the bar, in order to start the lift at a higher position. This often means that you are able to pull more weight in this exercise compared to normal deadlifts, because of more beneficial moment arms.
- Lower Back
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.