Muscles Worked in Rack Pulls
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Rack Pulls
- Set the bar at desired height, for example using using a rack or blocks.
- Step up close to the bar, so that it is about over the middle of your foot.
- Breathe in, lean forward and grip the bar.
- Hold your breath, brace your core slightly, and lift the bar.
- Pull the bar close to your body, with a straight back, until you are standing straight.
- Lower the bar back to the ground with control.
- Take another breath, and repeat for reps.
Rack pull is a variant of the regular deadlift, where you have elevated the bar, in order to start the lift at a higher position. This often means that you are able to pull more weight in this exercise compared to normal deadlifts, because of more beneficial moment arms.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.