Want to use your Apple Watch at the gym?
The popular StrengthLog Gym App is finally available for Apple Watch.
Download v5.11 of StrengthLog on the Apple App Store today, to gain access to the Apple Watch version as well.
What Can the Apple Watch Version of StrengthLog Do? Let’s Break It Down!
The iPhone (as well as Android) version of the app is full of features and possibilities:
- Log unlimited workouts for free (actually, almost everything listed below is totally free).
- The app automatically keeps track of your personal (PR) and yearly (YR) records, for every exercise and rep count.
- Stats and graphs that measure everything imaginable (the more advanced stats are, unlike almost everything else, not free).
- Keep track of your body measurements.
- Custom solutions offered for supersets, dropsets, circuit training, AMRAPs and other more advanced training options.
- Customizable set timer.
- Exercise demos with step-by-step instructions.
- Muscles worked shown for each exercise, as well as all workouts.
- Customizable home screen, put what you care most about up front and center.
- Set goals for 1RM, training volume, number of workouts, and more.
- Monthly challenges and achievements.
- A huge library of training programs and stand-alone workouts for any strength training goal.
- Fast and free support!
Many of these, naturally, wouldn’t be accessible on a small smartwatch screen.
So we focused on what truly matters:
Logging your workouts!
When using StrengthLog on your Apple Watch, you can start a new workout completely from scratch, then add exercises, sets, weight and reps as you please.
You can also start workouts directly from the app on your iPhone, then switch over to your Apple Watch. At the moment, this is the procedure you need to follow if you want to start a workout you prepared using the ”plan a workout” feature in the app, or if you want to start your next workout from a training program you follow, or any other pre-made workout in the app.
To save a workout done on your watch, you’ll also need to use the app on your phone.
This will change in a coming update! After the summer we’ll continue development of the Apple Watch app, once we’ve enjoyed the (short) Swedish summer, and had a chance to gather feedback from our users.
If you are an experienced user of Apple Watch, please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Our main app wouldn’t be where it is today if it weren’t for the tens of thousands of passionate users who’ve emailed us suggestions and bug reports through the years.
Haven’t Tried the Best App for Logging Gym Workouts Yet? Get Started with a Free StrengthLog Account Today
★★★★★– Joy Adekanmi
This app has single-handedly changed the trajectory of my fitness journey. I am so grateful that the devs allow really great features in the free version. Best app I have used overall and the best fitness app!
If you came here looking for a free workout log app that also works on your Apple Watch, StrengthLog will become your best friend at the gym.
The app is built by lifters, for lifters. And almost all features are totally free, in an ad-free environment.
Logging workouts, following training programs, and showing you your training data in a way that’s intuitive and easy to understand, might be the biggest benefits of the StrengthLog workout tracker.
It’s especially useful if you’re training for:
- General strength and conditioning
- Olympic weightlifting
- Improved performance in sports such as football, soccer, hockey, track & field, golf, baseball, basketball, or tennis
Download the app using the links below now. You don’t even need to create an account at first (even though creating one is free, of course), when trying to decide if this is the right app for you.
We do offer an in-app subscription plan (as well as a 14 day free trial) that unlocks a handful of advanced features aimed at advanced lifters, and more than one hundred premium training programs and stand-alone workouts.
But if you’re a beginner at the gym, the premium subscription is not tailored for you. We made sure to make everything a beginner needs 100% free, to help you along your fitness journey. And yes, that includes lots and lots of free workouts and training programs, unlimited workout logging, the ability to build your own training programs, support through email@example.com, and much more.
Finally a workout app that I can actually say I feel comfortable using. I have tried several other apps in the past and none of them really gave me the satisfaction I was looking for. The user interface is awesome and sleek. I recently needed to reach out to customer support, and my issue was addressed immediately. Having a top notch customer support team goes a long way with me. Thanks for an amazing product!