Muscles Worked in Good Mornings
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Good Mornings
- Place the bar on your upper back. Inhale and brace your core slightly, and unrack the bar.
- Take two steps back, and place your feet slightly wider than hip-width.
- Inhale and hold your breath, and lean forward by hinging your hips. Imagine that you are trying to push your butt back as far as possible.
- Lean forward as far as you can with a straight back, and without the bar rolling forward.
- Your knees will bend slightly, but most of the movement takes place in the hips.
- With control, stop and reverse the movement, extending your hips again while exhaling.
- At the top, inhale and repeat for reps.
Try different foot and bar positions to find what you like best. Many people seem to prefer a rather wide stance and placing the bar low on their back.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.