Muscles Worked in Belt Squats
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Belt Squats
- Place the belt around your waist properly, and attach it to the machine.
- Make sure that you’re standing accordingly to your normal squat stance. Inhale and brace your core slightly, and unrack the weight.
- Squat as deep as possible with good technique.
- With control, stop and reverse the movement, extending your hips and legs again.
- Exhale on the way up or exchange air in the top position.
- Inhale and repeat for reps.
The belt squat is a good alternative to the Barbell Squat. The movement is similar, but the weight placement helps you put less tension on your lower back.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.