- Sit on an inclined bench, pull your shoulderblades together and down, and hold your chest up.
- Grip the bar slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Take a breath and hold it, and unrack the bar.
- Lower the bar with control, until it touches your upper chest.
- Push the bar up while exhaling.
- Take another breath in the top position, and repeat for reps.
Smith incline bench press differs from incline barbell bench press primarily by it’s completely straight bar path, instead of a slightly arched one. The exercise also has less requirements for stabilization and balance, which could make it easier to focus on the muscles trained.
- Front Deltoid
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.