Muscles Worked in Seal Rows
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Seal Rows
- Lie on your stomach on a bench, with a barbell placed on the floor below you.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Inhale and pull the bar towards you.
- Pull the bar as high as you can, so that it touches the underside of the bench if possible.
- With control, lower the bar back to the starting position.
The seal row is a variation of the barbell row, where you isolate the work to the rowing muscles in the arms and the back. This is done by lying on a bench and thus off-loading the legs and the core. By isolating the work in this way, it can be easier to focus on and exhaust the trained muscles.
>> Return to exercise directory.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.