- Rear Deltoids
- Forearm Flexors
- Rotator Cuff
- Lie on your stomach on a bench, with a barbell placed on the floor below you.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Inhale and pull the bar towards you.
- Pull the bar as high as you can, so that it touches the underside of the bench if possible.
- With control, lower the bar back to the starting position.
The seal row is a variation of the barbell row, where you isolate the work to the rowing muscles in the arms and the back. This is done by lying on a bench and thus off-loading the legs and the core. By isolating the work in this way, it can be easier to focus on and exhaust the trained muscles.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.