- Get into the starting position by cleaning the bar, or lifting it out from a rack. Grip the bar slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, and let it rest on the front of your shoulders.
- Hold your breath, and brace your core slightly.
- Slightly bend your knees, and then forcefully extend them to push the bar up.
- Duck under the bar and catch it on straight arms, by slightly bending your knees.
- Stand up on straight legs again.
- Lower the bar in front of you, with control, or lower it back unto the front of your shoulders.
The power jerk is a variant of jerk that differs from the split jerk in that you keep your feet parallel throughout the lift. Another variant is the squat jerk, which resembles the power jerk, but you catch the bar in an even deeper squatting position.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.