Muscles Worked in One-Legged Glute Bridges
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do One-Legged Glute Bridges
- Lie down with one foot on the floor, one leg extended.
- Tuck the pelvis in to properly activate the glutes.
- Push your hips towards the ceiling by using the glute muscle in the bent leg, until your body forms a straight line from head to foot.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Reverse the movement, and repeat for reps.
The glute bridge is a great exercise to activate the glutes. It can serve as a warmup or activation exercise, or be incorporated into your workout. This variant of the glute bridge trains one leg at a time, making it more difficult. You can make it even more challenging by adding a weight on your hips. It is appropriate for performing at home, since it can be quite heavy even without extra weight.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.