Muscles Worked in Hang Snatch
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Hang Snatch
- Grip the bar with a wide overhand grip and lift it up to get into the starting position, with the bar resting in the hip crease.
- Hold your breath and brace your core slightly.
- Lower the bar along your thighs, down to about knee-level, by bending your hips and knees.
- Reverse the movement and lift the bar in a smooth but fast motion, by extending your legs and knees simultaneously.
- Once the bar has reached maximum speed, squat down deep and catch the bar on straight arms over your head.
- When you’ve got control of the bar, stand up straight.
- Lower the bar in front of you, with control.
The hang snatch is a variant of the snatch exercise, in which you have removed the first pull from the floor. This makes the hang snatch a potentially easier variant to begin with for learning the snatch, since you don’t have to focus on as many steps.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.