How to Do Glute Bridges
- Lie down with your feet on the floor.
- Tuck the pelvis in to properly activate the glutes.
- Push your hips towards the ceiling by using your glutes, until your body forms a straight line from head to knees.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Reverse the movement, and repeat for reps.
The glute bridge is a great exercise to activate the glutes. It can serve as a warmup or activation exercise, or be incorporated into your workout. You can make it more challenging by putting a band around your knees or adding a weight on your hips, or by using only one leg (one-legged glute bridge).
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.