- Front Deltoid
- Lie on the bench, pull your shoulderblades together and down, with a proud chest.
- Grip the bar slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your feet up and hold them in the air.
- Take a breath and hold it, and unrack the bar.
- Lower the bar with control, until it touches your chest somewhere close to the sternum.
- Push the bar up while exhaling.
- Take another breath in the top position, and repeat for reps.
Feet-up bench press is a variant of the bench press. By raising your feet you will get to practice creating stability in your upper body instead, and you will generally also have less of an arch, which might contribute to a longer range of motion.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.