Muscles Worked in Farmers Walk
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Farmers Walk
- Step in between two farmers walk-cases, or similar implements.
- Inhale, lean forward and grip the handles.
- Hold your breath, brace your core slightly, and lift the weights.
- Look ahead, and start moving forward in small steps. Increase the stride length as you increase the speed.
- Try to keep your body in a straight line and not lean excessively forward as you walk.
- When you are done, lower the implements back to the ground in a controlled manner.
Farmers walk is an exercise that, in short, trains you to carry heavy things. The exercise may look simple, but actually trains large parts of your body, with a special focus on grip, shoulders, and stability in your core and hips.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.