Muscles Worked in Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Do Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
- Stand upright holding a pair of dumbbells.
- Inhale, brace your core slightly, and lean forward by hinging in your hips. Keep your knees almost completely extended.
- Lean forward as far as possible without rounding your back. You don’t have to touch the dumbbells to the floor, although it is OK if you do.
- Reverse the movement and return to the starting position. Exhale on the way up.
- Take another breath, and repeat for reps.
Note: you can stand on an elevation (for example a weight plate) if you want to extend the range of motion without hitting the floor.
The dumbbell Romanian deadlift is a variation of the traditional deadlift, where you have almost entirely shifted the work to your posterior chain.
>> Return to exercise directory.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.