Muscles Worked in Dumbbell Floor Press
Primary muscles worked:
Secondary muscles worked:
How to Dumbbell Floor Press
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight and a pair of dumbbells beside you.
- Pick the dumbbells up and place them in your hip creak.
- Lay down while you bring the dumbbells up to your chest.
- Press them dumbbells to straight arms, bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Lower the dumbbells slowly until your upper arms hit the floor.
- Reverse the motion and push the dumbbells up to straight arms again.
- Gently drop the dumbbells to the floor to finish the set.
The dumbbell floor press is a variant of the dumbbell chest press where you lie on the floor instead of a bench, which limits the range of motion since your upper arms will stop against the floor. It’s a great alternative to the dumbbell chest press if you train at home and don’t have a weight bench.
Text and graphics from the StrengthLog app.